Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Some kind of high!

Why do I get on such a high when I finish the laundry and the house is tidy? Seriously, I think there is something wrong with me. I am almost giddy. I shouldn't be. I haven't been out of the house in three or four days, Madison is still sick, I worked my TAIL off yesterday painting the bathroom, and yet, I am practically floating on air.. I really think it is because I have the laundry done AND put away, and I can walk through almost every room (the office shouldn't count right?) and not stub my toe on anything or think, I should just tidy up in here. Who needs drugs today, I am getting high from the house! (I guess it probably helps that it is way warm outside. Darn Madison being sick, I am not sure if we should go out, but at least the option is there!)

4 comments:

Katie said...

Wow. I'm in awe. And jealous. I walk from room to room and CRINGE. Ugh.

Andrea and Ben said...

Hmmm, laundry being put away? Doesn't everyone live out of piles and baskets like I do?

joanna said...

No No No!! I've known that the internet is my main deterrent from keeping the house straight. If you say it out loud I don't have an excuse anymore!

MaryB said...

Were we separated at birth??? Only, I can't seemt o get all the stuff done that gets me to that "high" lately!
Suggestions??? I try to stick to the 10 minute rule (I think I saw you mention it somewhere also) but some days I am so rushed to get out of here that I just plain can't commit to that. I think my problem is that my life has changed as the kids have gotten older and I have not adjusted my way of doing things to accomodate it all. I need your help!

Oh, and I'vew been dying to ask other pilots' wives this - do you get more done when they are gone? Isn't this contrary to logic??? Why???