Tuesday, February 5, 2008

To add to my high...

I went to Target and JoAnns tonight BY MYSELF. (I won't even mention the fact I spent over $200.00) Have ya'll ever heard of RETAIL THERAPY (they actually had it in a google search)? Now if you are one of the military wives out there I know you know this. Let me tell you, I LOVE retail therapy without my children. I bought all kinds of things....

(oh golly, hold on she is heading into yet another list!)

*New knobs for our hideous guest bathroom (which coupled with the paint made it look 100 times better!)
*6 new towels to put into my bathroom cabinet
*two glass containers for the same cabinet
*Fruit snacks (they were 1.37 for them. Good price, stocked up!)
*A Smart Cycle game (the girls bought the system with Christmas money and we were unable to find games for it.)
*Hooks to hang in the bathroom for the girls towels.
*Picture frames for great bath pictures of the girls in the bathroom. (seriously what is my obsession with decorating the bathrooms?)
*a curtain rod for our bathroom. Target had hardly any curtains. What is the deal? I went to get some more of the tie up ones, no luck, I was going to get three rods and two tie ups, but only came away with one rod and I already had a curtain for my bathroom.
*Razors for Randy.. Good golly those are expensive.
*new toothbrushes for the girls. Do any of you have to buy your kids toothbrushes often? It seems like they are constantly getting frayed or something.
*They had all of their fireplace stuff clearenced, so I bought a new log holder for outside the fireplace
* and a log holder for inside the fireplace.
*JoAnns loot: Hanging rings for the back of Madison and Caitie's M&C letters to go above their beds and ribbon to hang them.

Man I had fun. Are you tired of the chipper me??? I am sure it will come to an end quickly, check back in a couple of days. I am sure that is just about how long the incubation time is for the illness to make it to Cait!

6 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

I love having "the high" feeling after a great day of shopping!

The downer to that....it doesn't last very long for me and I get the itch to feel it again only after a few days. I can also justify all my purchases, and Andrew doesn't see it the way that I do. Is Randy the same way? Do you ever get the feeling that he thinks you're crazy?
For example, right now, I'm buying everything out of season for Salem for next winter and he thinks I'm loosing my marbles by doing such a thing. I think it's smart shopping, don't you?

Andrea and Ben said...

I love some retail therapy. I did a tiny bit of that myself yesterday. Sweet!

Erin said...

Is it pathetic that I'm SALIVATING at this post? Like, a Target trip by myself would be the tastiest thing I can possibly imagine? Lame. But I can't help it.

Katie said...

Yes! Target all alone and WITH MONEY TO SPEND? That is my dream. Sounds like you got a lot of good stuff! I'm glad you're feeling happy!

Tracy said...

Oh Noelle, I know my husband doesn't get it. The few times I have bought ahead, he couldn't get it. The other thing is decorating. He doesn't understand why you can't just go out and get an entire room completely done in one afternoon. Hello, you have to find your accessories and furniture for that matter over time. So last night he was happy (besides the price) because there is now "decorations" out.
OH and it is SO smart shopping to shop ahead!

Laura said...

Way to go! I'm impressed with your list and know how retail therapy always makes me feel better too!
It's the beautiful combination of getting a good deal and making your house look even prettier. It's the price you have to pay for being a wife. Oh, the things we do! And getting deals on snacks and food is always justified! Spend! Spend! Spend!