Thursday, February 7, 2008

The high has worn off

I thought I would be tired of being cooped up at the house because of sicky kids and snow, but I think the high came from no commitments. (Now don't get me wrong, a Target run without kids always helps.) Everything went back to normal on Wednesday. Madison had school, Cait gymnastics and I taught a gymnastics class, both morning and night. Today we were out the door at 8 and got home at 6:45. I miss the days of no responsiblity. I love not getting frustrated with the kids because they are not helping me get somewhere on time or they are just being kids. Wednesday morning came and I felt that huge glum start to rear its ugly head and it has only gotten worse through today. (Plus today I had a dentist appointment and you know how that makes your head and teeth hurt the rest of the day and then I had an endocronology apt and was there from 1:30*showed up 15 minutes before like a good patient* and left there at 3:35. I made it back to pick up my kids around 4 Only to find out that Madison was running so much she started coughing and threw up on her new rug...GREAT)



Anyway, enough griping. Here are a few pictures I found of the girls.
Cait kissing "beebe Peege" (Baby Paige)

Cait trying to do a sad face...I say she has some work to do on it.

Madison jumping on the tumble track at my friends gym. Trying to keep her pants up.

Sweet Baby Paige.. (Joanna made Cait this hat when we were in Alaska...I LOVED it. I was so happy when she could use it. This was by far my favorite hat. I think a 2t size and 4t size would be great sizes too!!)

Auntie Foph, *who got her name because I used to call her Fophanie when I was little and couldn't say the 's' got shorten over the years to foph. * also know as Paige's mommy and stephanie, with the girls. Auntie Foph is sitting pretty high in Madison's book because she gave her a Webkinz..

3 comments:

MaryB said...

Oh my! We have so much in common. I relish and savor any day we do not have to be places on a schedule! I hate being the nagging, screechy mom, "get moving, we're going to be late!"

I don't say it much because most people who know me or read my blog still have little people at home all day and do not understand, but now I'll admit it - It was SO much easier before they went to school!

Katie said...

Oh MAN!!! Y'all are going to make me re-think my decision about nursery school!!

Cute, cute photos!

joanna said...

I agree. There's nothing like having no commitments in a day. And it's always easier for me when we don't have to get ready and gone before 10 - or maybe 9 on these days Julia has to get up and get on the bus.