Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Almost flunked my first assignment

Wow, what a great mother I am turning out to be. We had a "new Parent" orientation tonight at Madison's school. When I say we, I mean me and the girls. So of course the girls took forever to eat, I was frazzled before even getting in the car and we were 10 minutes late getting out the door. Then holy #e??, EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM WAS OUT DRIVING AND DRIVING SLOWER THAN MOLASSES. Nothing like being (almost) late to your first "assignment" for kindergarten huh?

As we approach the church, I yell back to Madison. "As soon as we turn into the parking lot, take off your seat belt!" ....My what a good parent I am turning out to be.


(oh and Maryb, School starts at 8:15 and we have to leave here at 7:35. What time do you think you will be showing up every morning to fix those meals? What great ideas you have Thank you!)

3 comments:

joanna said...

Ha! I am always amazed that whenever we get somewhere I end up standing outside the car waiting for the girls to decide to unbuckle and get out. And it always takes even longer when we are running late!

MaryB said...

Seriously, you can package up a lot of stuff the night before!

Oh my gosh - the seatbelts. Rich treats all the kids (we carpool with a 1st grader and PKer) like little paratroopers...as we round the corner at stop sign (about 60ft before entrance to carline) Rich starts barking orders like "seatbelts off, backpacks on, check for lunches and binders" THEN, when we pull up to the drop off zone, he hits the remote van door switch as he is chanting, "GO! GO! GO! BAIL OUT!" I am SO NOT KIDDING! You can send the boy to the airlines, but he's still a military pilot practicing bail out procedures on 4 year olds!

Katie said...

MaryB's comment is CRACKING ME UP! GO! GO! GO! That is hilarious!