Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh and one more thing

We just got all new locks because there are all new doors. Well, they are Schlage locks, which are suppose to be good locks except when it is locked, you can still twist the knobs on the inside (do you see where this is going?) I went to let Abby out for the last time. Open the door, closed the door behind me and IMMEDIATELY knew that was a stupid thing to do. Oh yes, I had locked myself out of the house at 10:30 pm, my kids asleep upstairs and Randy on a trip.. Great. I walked around realized the car was out and ran to open the garage.. That damn door was locked too. By this point I could feel the panic rising in me. I went around to the front, LOCKED too. There was a window open in the dining room and I realized there was a little hole in the screen. Guess what? Now there is a bigger hole in the screen. I was able to get the screen off and get the extra key on the nearby table and open the door. (what a dumba$$ I am) Needless to say there is at least a key in the garage. I need to make a few more.
Good heavens, if it was that easy to get into my house, I am glad I live so far enough out that people can't find me.

2 comments:

MaryB said...

I thought stuff like this only happened to me! Glad you found a way in!

Katie said...

OHMIGOD! That is NOT GOOD! Our door out to the garage does that and I have locked myself out and then my parents-in-law locked themselves and Becca out while we were on vacation! OOPS! Now I have a key hidden outside my house!

My neighbor did the same thing the other week and had to borrow our ladder to climb up on his roof to get in the one unlocked window. What a DUMB design on those door knobs!