Tuesday, May 19, 2009

strawberry farm

Last week Cait and I went with her class to the strawberry farm. It seems like an odd trip since the strawberries are not ready until June, but Cait seemed to have fun.

Look, there is even proof I was there.

They had a small barn with a few goats, chickens, rabbits and ducks. The farmer lady let them pet a rooster and an albino rabbit. The increasing germophobe in me kept making sure she didn't put her hands in her mouth or put her mouth on the gates. I then found myself telling other kids not to put their mouths on the fence..eww.

The sheep.

This is Ms. Julie. She is one of Cait's teacher's. Her husband actually flies with Randy, so Cait knew her before class and L.O.V.E.S. her. (quick back story: Her bff from Germany was my bff in North Carolina, Jody. Jody calls Julie by her first and last name always. So before I even knew Julie personally, I always called her by her first and last name. Now Cait does the same thing. In class, all the kids call her Ms. (insert last name here) Julie ALWAYS knows when my kid wants her because she calls her Ms. Julie(insert last name here). )

I have photos with her and her classmates, but I still feel a little weird putting them up without the momma's permission.

There was a little indoor play area with tricycles and little games. They really liked this area.
Two years ago we went to the same farm with Madison's preschool. I actually carried Cait in a back pack carrier. I can't believe how little Cait was.. Time goes too quickly. Now we are one class away from her first year of preschool being done..
I am SO looking forward to the first part of June so we can go pick strawberries. Katie went with us last year and thought I was nuts for buying so many strawberries. Then I introduced her to the easy way to make strawberry jam.. I've hooked her and she has vowed to increase her picking too. LOVE strawberries!
******************************************************************
Extra tidbits.
  1. My leg seems to be getting better or at least not getting worse. I still feel it in my calf when I walk up stairs or have started to jog without realizing it. I got inserts for my shoes. I feel the inserts much more in my hurt foot than in the other one.
  2. Madison had her spring concert last week. She did fabulously. Randy came to my rescue again. I don't know what I would have done if he hadn't of been there. I had to work, so I was able to see about 30 minutes of it and luckily, she performed during that time. Over the last week or so, I have had to be in two places at the same time, TOO many times. I didn't post pictures because they all have her friends in them..
  3. I planted tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumbers and a hydrangea. The girls planted their pots on the front porch. Now to see if I can keep them all alive.
  4. we got most of them at a farmers market in our town. There was a 17 wk golden retriever there..Randy saw it and thought we needed to get one..
  5. School for Cait is out on Thursday
  6. School for Madison is out in 12 1/2 days. Not that I am counting.
  7. My heat is on in my house...
  8. I have lost 4 lbs since since stopping running.WHAT?
  9. I miss running.
  10. my family and friends are making their summer plans for visiting and I COULD NOT be happier! The more the merrier.

3 comments:

Katie said...

So many things. I've always wondered why you call her Ms. Julie (Last Name). Now I know!

I TOTALLY can't get enough strawberries this year. I was stunned by how many it took to make four tiny things of jam. Yum. I want to go with you again!

Love your shirt.

That last photo of Cait looks like Madison.

I can't believe this school year is already over. What is happening?!

That is weird that you lost 4 pounds. Apparently, your body hates you when you run. Sucky!

Mandy said...

your strawberry farm field trip was much better than ours!!

Andrea and Ben said...

I want to pick fresh strawberries!!

Your girls are just too big, I can't even believe it!