Saturday, February 9, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

This conversation occurred between me and the girls Thursday evening after a long day out.

Me: Please be nice to eachother.

after a few minutes of quiet...

Caitie: "Mommy, sister pita me"

Me: "What, she BIT you?"

C: "No, she pita me."

Me: "She PINCHED you?"

C:"No, she pita me"

Madison: " NO she said SPIT ON ME!"

Me: "Caitie, you said Sister spit on you?"

C: "yes"

Me: "Seriously Madison, you just busted yourself out. (as I am almost running off the road from laughing. ),"

She really needs to work on ratting herself out. That is only going to hurt her later, but it sure made me laugh.

5 comments:

joanna said...

That's too funny!!

MaryB said...

Oh my goodness! These funny moments are part of what make parenting worthwhile (well, minus the actual spitting part!).

I hate when they do it in the car though because I have nowhere to run and hide while I giggle. It is hard to slunk down that low in the driver's seat.

Andrea and Ben said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! That is funny, she totally ratted herself out. I love it!

The Quinn Report said...

Funny!

Laura said...

Nice job, Big Sister! It sounds like Madison is so you that she can't handle the misinterpretation any longer. Things need to be in order, right?

Very funny how she turned herself in!